Since the kitchen is central to the home and commonly used by families, it’s one of the first things many house hunters look at. Whether you’re renovating your kitchen to help your home sell or to create the kitchen of your culinary dreams, there’s some planning and easy steps to achieve your Kitchen remodel goals. The first step when remodeling your kitchen is deciding what you really want, we’ve put together some steps to help you get closer to your #KitchenGoals .
Plan Ahead – Write It Down
Picture your goals and capture them in detail by writing down all the reasons you want to remodel your kitchen. This will go a long way to assist you in effectively communicating your vision with a contractor. Also, it might help you iron out some details in what you really want out of the remodel. What’s the motivation behind your kitchen remodel? What are your goals? How will this kitchen best match your day-to-day lifestyle? At the end of the list, make a personal commitment: Change is coming. I will remodel my kitchen.
Get inspired – Go Shopping
Visit a showroom – Millennium Granite & Marble (MGM) has a great one (wink wink). MGM can provide stones from many of the big brands including Cambria, MSI, Wilsonart, Ceasarstone, LG Hausys, and Pompeii Quartz. We can help kick off your inspiration and guide you as you gravitate towards your own style. It’s important to learn about maintenance care for the products you prefer. Once you decide on the perfect stone for your countertops, you can coordinate all the fun accessories like sinks, lighting and paint colors! It’s just such a fun process.
To get started, add these key kitchen products to your shopping list:
- Sinks and faucets
Define Your Kitchen
We all know that kitchens can be aesthetically pleasing, but more importantly they they should be functional for your lifestyle. Is your kitchen going to be a family kitchen, gourmet kitchen, or entertainment kitchen? A huge part of the kitchen remodeling process is understanding your needs first! We know, this sounds super basic, but it doesn’t make it any less true or important to focus on.
Here are some great questions to ask yourself:
- Who cooks? How often?
- Do other activities take place in the kitchen? Things like: paperwork, computer work, entertainment, laundry, etc.
- What kitchen appliances do you use?
- How easy is it to reach and access storage space? Do you need more storage? Where?
- How easy is it to access the trash? Do you store recyclables in the kitchen?
- Do you need more counter space? Where?
- What do you like about your kitchen?
- Do you entertain friends often?
Goals to Keep in Mind
- Increase the resale value of your home
- Update tile flooring or the backsplash
- An open layout to make the space bigger and brighter
- More functional countertop space
- Energy-efficient appliance upgrade
- Spaces to store all your fun gadgets
- A station for coffee or wine (or both) – Yes please!
- More accessible storage units (trash bin cabinets, pots and pans drawers)